Upgrading. Skills. Training. (j.u.s.t.)
Skills Development Assistance
We provide one-on-one counselling to help you assess your need for training and development of an employment plan.
We develop relevant and cost-effective skills training plans and rationale for submission to the Department of Manitoba Economic Development Investment and Trade Workforce Training and Employment Division with clients facing multiple barriers to employment.
Eligibility for Participation
- Employed or unemployed individuals who are low skilled and or low income earners
- Have a current or previous Employment Insurance (EI) claim
- An individual who is about to lose their job
- Individuals are not eligible for financial support unless they have been out of high school for one (1) year
- Approval must be received before starting any training program – support for training will not be provided if you started a training course on your own without prior approval
- Generally, between 12-52 weeks
- Up to 2 years of support may be available for high demand occupations
- Support for training may not be provided if you have received support from the Province of Manitoba to participate in skills training within the previous two (2) years
- Your request for assistance will be reviewed in relation to your needs, the labour market, and the availability of funds
- Access to computers for online application for student loans